The bottom right-hand corner of Photo Party Upload Kiosk shows a small transmitting antennae icon that will appear either RED, YELLOW or GREEN. Follow along below for a break down of what these colors indicate
RED: PPU is not connected to a Photo Party Upload Helper.
YELLOW: PPU is connected to a Helper and currently downloading photos from the watched folder.
GREEN: PPU is Connected to a Helper a ready to download any files that are added to your watched folder.
Below is further information on each of these statuses and troubleshooting tips
Indicates that your Photo Party Upload is not connected to a Helper, and therefore will not be able to display photos from your Watched Folder. If you're receiving a red antennae, check the following:
- Confirm that you are signed in to the Photo Party Helper and it is watching your event. You may need to exit the program and restart it. Additionally, try refreshing the helper. Whenever you make a change to your event you'll need to refresh it. Open PPU Settings and check that PPU is attempting to connect to the correct Helper and event, as well.
- PPU and Helper must be on the same network. Double check that your tablet and your PC are indeed connected to the same wi-fi network.
- Your NETWORK or either of your computers are running a FIREWALL, check your firewall settings. Even if you've turned the Firewall off on your tablets and computers (INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL ) the network you are connected to may be running one. Most venues such as Libraries, Convention Centers, Reception Halls, and Museums run a firewall on their networks for security. We suggest bringing your own WIRELESS HOTSPOT whenever using PPU to bypass firewalls.
- Double check that you have no Anti-Virus software firewalls active AND that your Windows Firewall is also disabled. Once you've disabled your firewalls, close and restart the app and you should be able to connect. If you believe all firewalls are off but photos are still not pulling through to the Kiosk you can try installing the Photo Party Kiosk on your main computer and sync the watched folder and event. If the pictures show up, that means it's a network or firewall issue and the photos are not being transmitted to the kiosk.
Indicates that the Photo Party Upload is downloading photos. You are connected to the Helper and files have been added to your watched folder. The program is now in the process of downloading those files to your Photo Party Upload Kiosk library. Sometimes there may have been several files in the HELPER Queue and if they are all suddenly downloading at the same time, the yellow antennae may stay on for a longer duration.
A flashing yellow/green antenna is perfectly normal and is usually what you'll see.
Indicates that your Helper is up and running and your Photo Party Upload Kiosk is watching it. Your PPU is ready to download new files added to your watched folder. IT IS possible to have a green antennae status and for photos and files to not pull through:
- A FIREWALL is active on the connected Wireless Network. (Follow instructions above in the RED transmitter section for disabling Firewalls). If you believe all firewalls are off but photos are still not pulling through to the Kiosk you can try installing the Photo Party Kiosk on your main computer and sync the watched folder and event. If the pictures show up, that means it is a network or firewall issue and the photos are not being transmitted to the kiosk.
- Uploading Animated GIFs and VIDEOs may not be enabled in your event. If GIF or VIDEO files are not downloading, log in to Login.PhotoPartyUpload.com and check the event you have selected. Make sure that GIFs and VIDEOs are enabled on the first page.
Well done! You're now an expert in Kiosk antenna colors!