Want to create a Video? Follow the instructions below to set up a Video for your guests.
Open Photo Booth Upload and hit S on your keyboard to open up the Settings screen.
In Camera Settings make sure Video Camera and Main Screen Camera are set to your preferred video camera. For this tutorial we'll use the DSLR.
Navigate to the Video tab and click Add Video.
The Add Video window should appear. First, name your new video, then under Video Mode choose the Plain Video option (selected by default with all new videos).
Choose how long you would like your recording to be under Recording Duration. The longer your recording time, the larger your video file will be and your processing times will increase. We suggest keeping it below 15 seconds.
Checking the Do not process box stops Photo Booth Upload from processing your video at all. This means you can't use is in conjunction with Green Screen, or with Titles, Music etc. It will simply copy your video straight to your output folder as is. This is useful for speeding up the process for yourself or your guests to be able to see their video within the kiosk and share it without any processing time.
If all you want is a simple, plain video, hit OK at the bottom of the screen and jump to step
Use the Question Field to insert a Text, Image or Video prompt question/message for your guests to see as they begin their video experience.
- Text: Allows you to customize your question or message in text format with smart text and your choice of background color.
- Image: Upload a pre-made image with your question or message in it and adjust the duration that it appears on screen.
- Video: Upload a pre-made video question or message. Ex. Have your Bride or Groom record something personal for your guests to respond to.
Use the Include Question in Final Video check box to determine if you'd like your question to appear in the final processed video.
Below the Question field are your Options.
- Audio Track: Upload a music file / audio track to use during the video. Select "Open File" to find the file from your PC. Select "Reset" to remove any loaded music. Use a third party application if you need to cut/edit the audio file to your specific needs. A site such as mp3cut.net will work.
- Audio Offset (ms): This will allow you to delay or advance your music track milliseconds (ms). This is useful to better align your guests to the music that is playing, particularly when lip syncing.
- Audio Track Volume: Adjust the volume of the audio track that is loaded
- Play Audio Track During Recording: Select this option to have your guests hear your music/audio track during the the video recording. Must use external speakers.
- Loop Audio: This will loop the audio once the track has completed.
- Recorded Video Volume: Adjust the volume of the video recording.
- Lyrics: Upload lyrics to be used during the video. Must be in a .lrc (lyric file format) to have song lyrics appear on screen. See our Dubsmash/Karaoke/Lip Sync tutorial for more info,
- Intro Video: Include an introduction video on the final video your guests receive. Your guests will not see this prior to their recording, only on the final product.
- Outro Video: Include an outro video on the final video your guests receive. Your guests will not see this after their recording, only on the final product.
- Crop to Aspect Ratio: Select an aspect ratio for the video to crop to from the drop down menu, or leave it on disabled.
- Video Loops: Allows you to create multiple loops of your recording in the finished video.
- Reverse/Boomerang Video: Select if you would like your video to play forward then reverse with a "boomerang" effect.
- Add Video Overlay: Add an overlay image (must be .png), image sequence, or video to your video. When selected, a new window will appear. Options in this window will change slightly based on the type of overlay you would like to add
- Export List allows you to save your current list of videos and their settings as a file to be easily imported later using Import List. This is also highly recommended as a back up in case work is lost, and for transferring your settings between booths.
- Combine Video Responses: Select this feature if each guest is responding to multiple questions. Responses from each guest will be combined into a single file.
Enable Redo: This will allow the guest the option to retake their video at the end of their session.
Mute audio during processing: This will mute any sound your guest's video has when the processing preview plays after your session.
Video Format: Choose any of the available formats you'd like to save your video as. We recommend using the WMV format.
WMV is supported by Windows and doesn't need additional codecs. Within WMV there are two options: wmv8 which is faster, and wmv9 which compresses better and achieves better image quality.
If you're using Photo Party Upload, all files will automatically be compressed to the MP4 format when recognized by the Helper and sent to the Photo Party Upload kiosk. But they will remain in the original format in your watched folder.
Video Size: Adjust your video size based on how large you would like your video files to be. This will effect the quality of your output video. A larger video size will take longer for Photo Booth Upload to process. If you are experiencing slow processing speeds, try adjusting your Video Size.
In the main Video tab, select Auto Apply in the Video Mode section. Highlight the video you want to use and press OK at the bottom of the screen to save your settings.
Now get ready to record your video!
If you intend to share your videos with Photo Party Upload - be sure that the event you have set up has Upload Videos enabled, otherwise videos placed in the watched folder will not be downloaded to the kiosk. This option is on by default.