This guide will explain the functionality and behavior of the various buttons on the Home Tab of Muse Mosaic.
1. Activate your License: Click this button to begin your license activation process. You will be taken to the License Tab where you can enter your account information and the redeem code for the license you purchased.
2. Start a New Session: A session is an instance of the digital mosaic creation. Every image used and every setting configured is part of a single session. When you save or exit the program, you are exiting this particular session instance. Treat this can your individual mosaic events. Every time you want to start or create a new mosaic activation, this would be one of the first steps, which is to start a new session. Starting a new session would prompt you to enter a name for the session (treat this as entering the name for your event so you can easily recognize it later). Once you enter a name and click OK, the new session folder would be created and saved in the Muse Mosaic folder located on your desktop. The session folder created would contain a list of sub folders that would be used by the new session. You can then add new graphics to these folders for the various features you want in your new mosaic activation.
3. Clear Photos and Prints: This feature would clear all the placed images from the live progress tab, the print files in the print queue that hadn't been printed, images from the saved and prints folder as well, will all be cleared. If you made a mistake in starting your live mosaic activation or you absolutely need to restart your mosaic activation, instead of starting a new session, you can clear your current progress and restart. This action will not clear any images from the waiting or watched folder. If there are already images in those folders and you don't want to use them, you'd have to manually remove them.
4. Rebuild Recent Mosaic: This feature will quickly use your previous session (provided that you did not start a new session or changed your settings) and quickly rebuild the most recent digital mosaic with all the prints queue'd up (if you do not have automatic printing turn on). This feature can also be used when your mosaic crashed or terminated by mistake to rebuild your mosaic back to the last image that was placed on the digital mosaic.
5. Load Mosaic Settings: This option will load any settings file with the .mpr file format (mosaic configurations not images) that you saved in the Projects folder.
6. Save Mosaic Settings: This option will allow you to specify a name for your mosaic settings file and saves it in the Projects folder with a .mpr file format.
7. Waiting room folder path: This option will allow you to select a waiting room folder outside of your created session's folder. It is usually default and selected when you start a new session. However, if you absolutely must select a folder outside of your sessions folder as your waiting room folder, this is the place where you can do so without affecting any of your other mosaic settings.
8. Watched folder path: This option will allow you to select a watched folder outside of your created session's folder. It is usually default and selected when you start a new session. However, if you absolutely must select a folder outside of your sessions folder as your watched folder, this is the place where you can do so without affecting any of your other mosaic settings.
Please take a look at our Muse Mosaic Folders Guide if you want to learn more about the functions of the different folders in Muse Mosaic.