If your sharing station is not connecting to Helper or showing the media from the watched folder, verify these requirements have been met:
- Confirm that you are signed in to the Photo Party Helper and it is watching your event.
- Verify the correct Watched Folder is selected in the Helper's Configure menu.
- Verify the Helper and PPU Kiosk sharing station are connected to the same network.
- Verify that no third-party security software (such as anti-virus software) is running a firewall, which may interfere with the connection.
- Confirm that there are no firewalls on the network (particularly for public/venue network connections). See below for additional instructions.
You may need to exit the program and restart it. Additionally, try refreshing the Events Helper. Whenever you make a change to your event you'll need to refresh it.
Determining the Presence of a Network Firewall
You can also test if there is a firewall on the network by entering the Helper's Network Location in the address field of a browser.
Open the Helper Config menu by right-clicking the Helper tool icon in the system tray and selecting Configure.
Copy the address next to Network location at the top of the Config menu and type it into a browser of another computer on the network.
If the webpage cannot be found by the browser you have a firewall. If you don't have a firewall you should see a webpage similar to this: